Monday, June 3, 2013

May Empties!

Hey everyone! I've come to realize that I've never posted an empties blog post before! Well, all that is about to change because I am about to show you guys my trash! I've got to admit, it was a bit difficult for me to keep my "trash" because I immediately want to throw it away. I'll see if I can keep this up. Here are my empties!


1. eos Shave Cream Ultra Moisturizing Pomegranate Raspberry: This product was just a miss for me. It did smell nice but I had to use a lot to cover one leg, about 6-8 pumps. It does not lather so the consistency is rather liquid-y. It was basically a waste of money. I won't repurchase this item.

2. Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser: I absolutely love this cleanser! I have combo-oily skin and the foaming part of the cleanser really helps to clean my skin. My breakouts have lessened significantly ever since I started using this product! I will definitely repurchase this product!

3. Bath and Body Works Triple Moisture Body Cream in Enchanted Orchid: This isn't really a empty because it still has about 50% left. However, this lotion went bad on me. I bought this over four years ago so this definitely expired. I really loved the scent though; floral and fresh. Too bad I let it expire. I think the scent is also discontinued too. Bummer! I will not repurchase this product.

4. Neutrogena Oil-Free MoistureCombination Skin: This moisturizer was just okay. It didn't make me go "wow!" What I do like about this moisturizer is that it is lightweight. But I feel like it doesn't absorb into my skin quickly. It takes about 20 minutes for it to absorb into the skin. That's way too long for a lightweight moisturizer. I will not repurchase this product.

5. Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara Triple Effect: I love this mascara, especially the waterproof version! I wore this to my high school graduation and I've loved this ever since! The wand is kind of weird: it has short stubby bristles on one side and very long thick bristles on the other. The bristles really help to separate the lashes and add volume and length. Plus, this mascara does not budge at all! I will definitely repurchase this mascara!

6. ModelCo FIBRE LASHXTEND Lengthening Mascara: This was the worst mascara I've ever tried! I got this in a Birchbox a while ago. The first time I used it, I noticed little flakes within two hours. After four hours, I had raccoon eyes. I don't know if it's just my mascara but it had a really dry formula. I will not purchase this mascara.

7. L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition mascara: This may be my HG mascara, right behind my Maybelline The Colossal mascara! This gives my lashes amazing length and volume! It lasts all day long with no smudging and it holds curls perfectly. I will definitely repurchase this mascara! In fact, I already did!

8. Physician's Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum: This is my HG liquid eyeliner of all time! I have oily lids so I need something that will last a long time without it smudging all over my eye. This is perfect! I love the brush tip because it helps you control how thick or thin you want your eyeliner. It stays all day ad I love it! I will definitely repurchase it!

9. Palladio Herbal Eyeshadow Primer: I have tried many primers and this one is my favorite drugstore eye primer! I'll admit, it doesn't last as long as my beloved NARS Pro Prime but Palladio is a close second! You can find Palladio products at Sally's Beauty Supply. It makes my eye shadows stand out and there's no creasing for the whole day! I will definitely repurchase!

10. Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance Makeup in Medium: I liked this tinted moisturizer. It evened out my complexion and gave a little bit of coverage. What I don't like about this product is that oxidizes on me a little bit. I might repurchase this product.

Those were my empties for the month of May! Til next time!

xo, Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment