Wednesday, September 26, 2012

September Birchbox 2012

Hey all! I was going to post this a week ago but I was so caught up with school and work. I know some people didn't enjoy this month's box, but I like it. Not the best, but there are some products I've been wanting to try. Here's what I got!

As always, Birchboxes come in their signature brown little box. I like to keep them and use them various things like storing my makeup or jewelry.

Each month, Birchbox has a theme and the products inside correspond with the theme. The theme for this month was the Birchbox September issue. They have a magazine? Huh, I didn't know that!

The first thing I saw was this little gift certificate for Madewell. I've never heard of this site so I can't wait to see what kind of things they carry!

Next, I saw this little booklet about fall trends to try. I don't know if this is their magazine or not, but I think it's very helpful to those who want to try fall trends. Red and berry lips, here I come!

I'm pretty sure you get a little perfume sample in every box and this month I got Kate Spade's Twirl. I really like the scent, very floral and sophisticated. It's a perfect fall scent!

This was the product I was super excited about! It's Benefit's The Porefessional primer. I've tried so many different kinds of face primers and I've heard Benefit's is really good. Can't wait to try it!

Next thing I got in my box was a Color Club nail polish in the color Insta-this! It's a royal blue color with a creme finish. I've heard it looks a lot like the Sally Hansen nail polish called Pacific Blue. 

When I saw this, I was like, "Why did I get a piece of ribbon?" Sometimes the things Birchbox puts in the boxes are kind of weird. I later found out it's a hair tie. I just gave it to my little sister since I personally have no use for it.

I also received a sample of Nexxus Pro Mend shampoo, conditioner, and treatment. Honestly, I never use these samples. My bathroom drawers are full of little shampoo samples. They do come in handy whenever I'm traveling. In the meantime, my bathroom drawer will become the home for them.

Last (and maybe least), I got a zipper bag. Yes, you all heard right, a zipper bag. What the heck?! This is probably the most random things I got in a Birchbox. It says that you can store your makeup in it but I'm more likely to use it as a sandwich bag. So random!

That's what I got in this month's Birchbox! There were some hits and misses but I do like that you get a variety of samples. Tell me what you guys got in you box! Did you like it? See you guys later! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment